Art Hearts. Gypsy Life. Pirate Style. Spirit Junkies.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

SERIES: Love Letters To My Favorite People

This one is for my Dad.



Daddy,
there's a sticker on my dishwasher saying 'My Dad is my Hero' -
even though I originally put it there as a joke, there's actually great truth to it:
You probably are the smartest, wittiest and funniest person alive.
If I'll end up inheriting only a quarter of that wisdom, I'll consider myself beyond lucky.
Thank you, for invariably letting me rely on you.
Thank you, for all the dropping-me-off and picking-me-up.
Thank you, for having watched countless Grey's Anatomy episodes with me,
when I was alone and asked you to, even though you absolutely hated it.
Thank you, for taking me to my first concert, many, many years ago.
Thank you, for helping me with everything I ever needed help with.
Thank you, for installing love, respect and value for nature in me, since I was a little kid.
Thank you, for teaching me how to build sundials and how to identify birds up in the sky.
Thank you, for always bringing gifts for me, from whatever place in the world you travel to.
Thank you, for still crafting advent calendars for me,
although I'm 24 years old and not even living at home anymore.
If I'd still write letters to Santa Claus, I'd ask him to not forget about you as well. ;)
I love you.
Xo, L.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment